The Explorer Post is led by explorers, who serve as captains, lieutenants, and sergeants, providing the opportunity to learn basic leadership skills.
This is a values and skills based program where Explorers learn the importance of honesty, discipline, and responsibility, while learning police procedures. The goal of the program is to prepare explorers to successfully achieve a Law Enforcement career.
WHAT DO EXPLORERS DO?
- Training, competitions and conferences with other agencies,
- Participate in training exercises with police officers,
- Assist patrol officers during ride-alongs,
- Crowd control at parades and other community events such as World Ag Expo, and The Tulare County Fair,
- Support of special department projects, such as Toys for Tots and National Night Out,
- Assist California Law Enforcements Wish Upon a Star Organization,
- and much more.
- Between the ages of 14 and 20
- Live in the local area or attend a local school
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed, respect for authority and good judgment
If you have any questions regarding the Tulare Police Explorer Program contact;
Officer Joel Robertson @ (559)684-4245