Located Inside the
Tulare Public Library
475 North M Street
Tulare, CA 93274
Tuesday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Email Program Coordinator
Find us on Facebook
At the Veterans Resource Center you can:
- Meet with a trained volunteer or veteran to talk about state and federal benefits.
- Learn about online resources.
- Access online tools for resume building, job searching and more.
The Veteran's Resource Center is made possible by a Library Services & Technology Act (LSTA) Grant, Veterans Connect @ the Library. The library employs Veteran Work Study employees through our partnership with the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet), the Employment Development Department (EDD), and the California State Library.
Like us on Facebook Veterans Connect at the Tulare Public Library!
Looking for a qualified Veteran that can assist Veterans under the VA Work-Study Program
For more information & details about VA Work-Study opportunity visit https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/workstudy.asp
The VA work-study allowance is available to persons training under the following programs: VA Work-Study Flyer
How to apply:
- College Fee Waiver
- Veteran Services Education Benefits
- Cal Vet Employment
- Tulare County Employment Connection: Local VA EDD Contact - (559) 713-5000)
- Veterans Employment and Training Services
- (VETS) (U.S. Dept. of Labor)
- Job Leads and Veterans Information (Continuously Updated)
- VetNow Database
- Food Assistance
- How to stop living out of your car: Guide for homeless vets
- Disability Compensation
- Veteran Services / Benefits - Healthcare
- Veterans Health Administration (Health Card Info)
- Guide to Finding a PTSD Therapist
- PTSD and Substance Abuse Help for Veterans
- Gulf War Registry Health Exam for Veteran
- Family and Readjustment Counseling
VA South Valley Community Based Outpatient Medical Clinic
1050 N Cherry Ave Tulare, CA 93274
Veterans Services Office Tulare County Health and Human Services Agency
3350 W Mineral King Visalia, CA 93291
Where can I get a copy of my DD-214?
There are a couple resources that can help you get your DD-214:
- One way to order a copy of your military records is to go to the website for the National Archives at www.archives.gov. Follow the steps below once you have reached the website.
- Click on the blue box titled Veterans’ Service Records > under Request Military Service Records click on the bullet titled Request Service Records Online.
- For any further questions you can contact the Tulare County VSO in Visalia.
- Ken Cruickshank, County Veterans Service Officer 3348 W Mineral King Ave Visalia, CA 93291. Phone: 559-713-2880. Fax: 559-713-3747
I have had some difficulties dealing with the V.A. Where else can I talk to someone about veteran benefits and resources?
Other options aside from working with the V.A. may include:
- The local vet center or the County Veteran Services Officer Ken Cruickshank, at the County Veterans Service Office 3348 W Mineral King Ave Visalia, CA 93291. Phone: 559-713-2880. Fax: 559-713-3747.
Many veterans learn ways to ask for help from the V.A. through local chapters of the AMVETS or their local library Veterans Resource Center.
- AMVETS (American Veterans) Post for Tulare California (Tulare County CA). Post #56. Contact AMVETS Post #56 at: (559) 685-2446
Veterans Resource Center @ www.calibrariesforveterans.org has many links too.
- Tulare Public Library @ www.Tularepubliclibrary.org Research and Databases, VetNow.
What is the difference between the V.A. and CalVet?
The U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs provides patient care & Federal benefits to veterans and their dependents. (www.va.gov)
CalVet is The California Department of Veteran affairs. It assists veterans with finding housing, healthcare, employment, education, VA claims, and advocacy assistance.(www.calvet.ca.gov)
How do I register with calvet?
Register at (www.calvet.ca.gov)
- In the upper right hand corner click the link Log in/ Register
- On the next page click Register in the middle of the page.
Where can I go to search for jobs?
- CalVet www.calvet.ca.gov
CalJOBS can help veterans translate their military training and specialties into marketable skills applicable to civilian jobs. www.caljobs.ca.gov
VetNow through the Tulare Public library website
Tulare Public Library @ www.Tularepubliclibrary.org, Research and Databases, VetNow.
Employment Development Department-Workforce Service Branch
Address: 4025 W Noble Ave # B, Visalia, CA 93277
Phone: (559) 713-5150
Tulare Public Library • 475 North M Street Tulare, CA 93274 • (559) 685-4500