- The Tulare Public Library has 20 public computers in the computer lab with access to printers.
- In the Kids' Space there are 6 kids computers (ages 12 and under), 2 teen computers (ages 18 and under) and 2 AWE stations for preschoolers with educational games.
- Time limit is 1 hour per day, per member. Maximum of 2 people per computer.
- Patrons must have their own card and may not use anyone else's card.
- Guest passes are available for patrons visiting from out of the San Joaquin Valley.
- Reservations can be made up to 1 business day in advance, in person.
- Patrons may also check out a laptop for use in the library.
- Patrons must accept the “User Agreement for Internet Access” to have access.
- Users are responsible for critically evaluating the information found on the Internet. For some helpful internet tips and computer policies click link: Internet Safety Tips and Computer Policies.
Here are some basic computer skills to get you started at home.
Basic Computer Skills
Digital Device Tip
Microsoft Office tutorials & Information:
Internet Security Best Practices:
- Use complex passwords (Combination of numbers, letters and special characters). ieateggs (example of simple password) !3atE&&s (example of complex password).
- Be careful what personal information you post on social media platforms (like Facebook). Electronic messages and pictures can be seen by others online.
- Use caution when opening emails when you do not know the person sending you information.
- Verify information by searching the subject at http://www.snopes.com/ OR "Truth or Fiction" http://www.truthorfiction.com. (Just because you read information online doesn't mean it is true).
- More tips from UC Berkley on internet security best practices.
Setting up an Email
Watch this video to set-up a Yahoo Email account
Watch this video to set-up a Google Email account
Work and Career
Free Library Services
One-on-One Technology help for patrons is available at the Tulare Public Library. To Schedule a One-on-One session visit call the library at (559) 685-4503.
Tulare Public Library • 475 North M Street Tulare, CA 93274 • (559) 685-4500