About Tulare Public Library
The Tulare Public Library is a city department under Community Services and is is funded by the City of Tulare's general fund. The library is part of the San Joaquin Valley Library System and as such has access to a wide variety of resources and materials. In addition to the library, the building also holds the City Council Chambers and a Cafe space.
The Mission of the Tulare Public Library is to support the personal, educational, and professional needs of the diverse community we serve by providing access to a wide variety of resources and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Survey Results from 2019
The Tulare Public Library created a strategic plan covering June, 2016 - July 2020 in order to address growth and change in the community and how the library can address those issues. The strategic plan is based on the values of Accountability, Community, Connection, Inclusiveness, Learning, and Respect. Click here for a full copy of the strategic plan.
Strategic Plan Goals:
- Support educational and learning opportunities
- Support Workforce and economic prosperity
- Foster community connections
- Utilize technology to strengthen digital presence and bridge digital divide
- Raise awareness of library through marketing
- Assess and pursue sustainable funding opportunities
Tulare Public Library • 475 North M Street Tulare, CA 93274 • (559) 685-4500